Spring cleaning might seem like a daunting task, but with a little love, your home will be looking brand new! Spring cleaning is essential to a happy and healthy home. From the bedrooms to bathrooms, to the living room, use this checklist to tackle every room in your home.
– Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
– Check all electronics and make sure they are working properly and plugged into a surge protector.
– Check the expiration date on your fire extinguisher.
Porch and Patio
– Power wash surfaces
– Wash outdoor furniture
– De-grime screens
– Plant flowers
– Wash all bedding and pillows
– Flip mattress
– Clean out under the bed
– Organize closets and drawers
– Mop/Vacuum floors
– Clean and disinfect tub and shower
– Wash bathmats and towels
– Dust and clean sink and toilet
– Wash or replace shower liners and shower curtains
– Organize medicine cabinet/drawers
– Clean out pantry
– Wash kitchen cabinets
– Deep clean the oven
– Move the fridge- mop and vacuum behind it
– Deep clean fridge and get rid of unwanted food
– Clean countertops
– Clean dryer vents
– Clean inside of washing machine
– Wipe down iron
– Tidy up shelving
– Wash baseboards
– Dust blinds, windowsills, doors, and walls
– Wash windows, inside and out
– Replace light bulbs
– Wash drapes and blinds
– Mop and vacuum floors
When it comes to spring cleaning, be realistic. Go at your own pace. It’s not a race after all. Your reward will be an uncluttered, clean, and healthy home for yourself, and a feeling of accomplishment and pride. This guide should help you accomplish all the rooms in your home, plus the spaces you forgot about!